Classic car clubs
If, when it comes to cars, you think older is better, you might be at home in one of several classic car clubs in the area.
- Skyline Street Rods, organized in 1976, is open to residents with customs, classics or street rods. The club holds a show every year the fourth full weekend in June at the Edinburg Town Park. The club also participates in cruise-ins and benefits. The club plans picnics and get-togethers and promotes safe driving. The club meets the second Tuesday of every month at 7:30 p.m. at the D.W. Hoffman Construction office on U.S. 11 across from A Way 2 Play. The membership fee is $20 a year.
- Valley Cruisers of Winchester, which organized in 1989, is open to all car enthusiasts. The group participates in cruise-ins, car shows and benefits. The club meets the first Tuesday of every month at 7:30 p.m. at Millwood Station Volunteer Fire and Rescue. The membership fee is $15 a year.
- Shenandoah Valley Mustang Club, organized in 1978, is open to all car enthusiasts. Most members are Ford or Ford Mustang owners. The club participates in four to five shows a year and holds a picnic and a Christmas banquet every year. Meetings are on the last Sunday of every month at 2 p.m. at Millwood Station Volunteer Fire and Rescue. The annual membership fee is $25 for a family. The club gives to charitable organizations. 662-0584 after 6 p.m.
- Yesterday's Cruisers Inc. is open to all car enthusiasts. The club meets the first Wednesday of every month at 6 p.m. at the War Memorial Building in Jim Barnett Park in Winchester. During the summer, the club meets at a park picnic shelter. Also during the summer, the club has a cruise-in the third Saturday of every month at Anthony's Pizza on Valley Avenue in Winchester. The club started the Apple Blossom cruise-in and the Apple Blossom Rock N'Roll dance. The club, organized in 1987, is the oldest cruisers club in Winchester. The membership fee is $20 a year. 667-5795
- Hoppers Auto Club, organized in 1959, has a limited number of memberships open for new members. The club meets the first Thursday of every month at its garage and club house on Va. 608, Bethel Church Road, in Frederick County. The club organizes two car show a year and participates in cruise-ins and other activities. The club participates in charitable work. New members are required to pay a $50 application fee. Membership is $10 a month to help maintain the clubhouse. 869-4289, (304) 263-2218 or 667-9082